Share a picture of your dish on WHATSAPP to 052 160 9808
with Chef’s name, Age and Building name
Andrea Brugnetti, was born and raised in a small village in Italy called Veroli, very close to Rome. His career as Italian Gourmet Chef was inspired by his parents, a family that loved cooking traditional and tasty food.
Andrea volunteered to be the face for “Prime Best Chefs’ Contest” to help entertain and encourage children in the UAE to try new foods and have fun creating meals
This Week’s Recipes:
Pizza Dough Ingredients
Contestants can use the ready mage dough or make their own homemade special dough; ingredients are:
- 1 g. Yeast: Instant yeast makes the job quicker.
- 160 g. Water: Use little warm water to reduce the rise time
- 240 g. Flour: It is best to use unbleached all-purpose white flour in the pizza crust.
- 7 g. Salt: to add flavor
- 3 g. Sugar: to increase the yeast’s activity and tenderizes the dough.
- 1 Tablespoon Oil: Extra virgin olive oil adds wonderful flavor.
Margherita Pizza Toppings ingredients
This is a recipe for plain, simple, and easy, margherita pizza with only 5-6 ingredients on top of the pizza dough The Margherita Pizza toppings ingredients are:
- 100g. Peeled Tomatoes
- 20g. Cherry Tomatoes
- 125g. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1g. Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few basil leaves
Contestants may add other ingredients to the pizza topping for example, they could add salami, pepperoni, or sausages for meet lovers. Fresh mushrooms, bell peppers, olives, depending on the taste they desire
- Mix the dough ingredients together by hand or use a hand-held or stand mixer.
- Knead by hand or beat the dough with your mixer.
- Place dough into a greased mixing bowl, cover tightly, and set aside to rise for about 90 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. For best results, let the dough rest in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator and leave in a room temperature for 1 hour before cooking for better crispy result!
- Cut cherry tomatoes into four wedges each, add a pinch of salt and little extra virgin olive oil & set aside
- Place the pealed tomatos in a bowl, add salt, tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and mash slightly with a fork and cut/tear 2-3 leaves of basil into small pieces and mix with the sauce
- Slice or shred the mozzarella
- Stretch the dough into a greased round tray and use a spoon to apply the sauce and cherry tomato mix to its center. Use the back of the spoon to spread the sauce and cherry tomatos evenly across the surface, leave about 1/₂ inch from the edges.
- Preheat the oven for 10 to 15 minutes on high heat
- Place the pizza in the oven for 7 min at 250C heat
- Remove from oven, add the mozzarella cheese and back to the oven for 7 more minutes at same 250C heat
- Make sure to turn off your oven
- Add the basil leaves on top
- Take a snapshot with your camera and share it with us