Good mental health and positive wellbeing can help you better cope with the COVID-19 threat. Here are some recoomendations to help reduce stress and anxiety:
Follow Health & Prevention Recommendations
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched objects & surfaces
- Keep a social distance from others for at least 2 meters
- Clean hands with soap & water
- Cover nose & mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Wear mask and goves & avoid close contact with people when leaving home
- Avoid gathering and/or having physical contact with others
- Stay connected with your family and friends online to check on each other
Seek accurate information from legitimate sources
- Limit yourself to reading information from credible sourses only such as UAE Ministry of Health, Dubai Health Authority and World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Try to avoid excessive exposure to misleading social media feeds about COVID-19
- Set limits and boundaries to how much news you read, watch or listen to.
Stay Fit, Stay Healthy
- Consider creating a daily routine that prioritise your wellbeing and positive physical & mental health
- maintian a good and healthy diet
- Meditation and exercising can help you to relax and stay fit
Find ways to entertain yourself
- Take advantage for being at home & engage in family activities
- Talk to your children – Answer their questions and share facts about COVID-19 & respond to thier reactions in a supportive way
- Find hobbies or projects that can be accomplished from home
- Be creative, play online games, celebrate occasions onine, something different, something to remember
- Listen to music on a reasonable volume that doesn’t disturb your neibours
Maintain a sense of hope and positive thinking
- Use positive language when communicating with others.
- Assist other people remotly in their time of need, someone who may be feeling alone or concerned can benefit from your positive attitude.
- Many people wonder what to do if they are put under quarantine. Although the idea of self-isolation may seem daunting, keep in mind that this is only temporary